In Indian school, children died quickly after eating poisoned meal | Reuters

24 Jul

the headmistress had been dismissed over the incident, although she has not yet given any account of what happened.

“In spite of the cook’s complaint (over the smell of cooking oil used for the food), the headmistress insisted on its use and the cook made the food. The children had also complained about the food to the cook,” Shahi said.

On Wednesday, demonstrators angered by the deaths pelted a police station with stones, set ablaze buses and other vehicles, chanted slogans denouncing the state government and burned effigies of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, the seniormost elected official in Bihar. There were no reports of further rioting on Thursday. (Writing by Ross Colvin, additional reporting by Mayank Bhardwaj, Manoj Kumar, Jo Winterbottom, Sruthi Gottipati, Malini Menon and Anurag Kotoky in New Delhil; Editing by Raju Gopalakrishnan)

via In Indian school, children died quickly after eating poisoned meal | Reuters.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: